2020 General Auditions
Our General Auditions are currently on hold, follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter by emailing email@example.com to be kept up to date.
WA Youth Theatre Company WA’s multi-award winning, peak body for youth theatre, performance and performance making are holding their annual auditions. If you want to train and create with Perth’s leading professional artists in a safe and open atmosphere.
We are auditioning for the following opportunities throughout 2020:
- Junior Ensemble (ages 13-17) - Sundays 12.30pm-2.30pm April - November
- Senior Ensemble (ages 18-26) - Sundays 3.00pm-6pm April-November
- 24 Hour Play Generator Project – 3-4 July 2020
- The development of our 2021 Perth Festival show (ages 13-26) - July and November in the school holidays and after school hours.
We are auditioning anyone interested, aged 13-26. We are particularly interested in young people who have an experience of marginalisation and who are comfortable to speak about this. This includes but is not limited to performers who are proud of their First Nations, neuro-diverse, refugee, non-binary, disability, queer and or other identities.
- We are also taking EOI’s for our 2020 Deviser’s Program (ages 16-26)
No audition is necessary for Deviser’s Program just email firstname.lastname@example.org for an EOI form
Program One (Short Play Writing) May-July, Monday or Wednesday nights
Program Two (Devising) August-October, Monday or Wednesday nights
EOIs for Devisers closes 15 April
WAYTCo has received nine FRINGE WORLD Awards in last three years and one National MAGA award for its new work and now we are looking for more passionate young Western Australians who want to train and make performances with the company. We are an open and safe space looking for young people who want to explore their passion for theatre and performance making, regardless of your skill level or previous experience.
General Auditions are a safe supportive workshop experience that happen on several days in our city studio. General Auditions will be a 2-hour workshop in two age groups 13-17 & 18-26. You can select during the workshop which of the four audition opportunities listed above that you want to be considered for.
We have scholarship opportunities for WAYTCo members who require support, we can discuss these options after your audition.
If you are unwell on the day or develop flu like symptoms prior to you audition day please DO NOT attend. We can always re-schedule!
You should prepare:
- an excerpt from a contemporary or classical monologue (no longer than two minutes please)
- wear loose comfy workshop clothes to move in for a short group warm up and improv activities
- bring a water bottle
- a one-page bio of relevant (theatre & performance making) experience
Everyone is welcome to audition if you are between 13-26 years old. You just have to be a current WAYTCo member, sign up here!
Any queries please email James at email@example.com