Youth Advisory Committee
APPLICATIONS CLOSE TUESDAY 19 MAY!
The Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) is an opportunity for members of WA Youth Theatre Company (WAYTCo) to provide input to the company from a youth perspective. Members play an active advisory role in the governance and management of the Company. The YAC helps the Company remain directly in touch with its members and YAC membership offers members a window into the world of arts management. This empowers young creatives in this aspect of independent theatre practice, and also provides an opportunity to explore additional professional pathways in the arts.
- Act as ambassadors for WAYTCo
- Help promote WAYTCo shows, events and opportunities
- Represent youth members by offering suggestions and feedback to the Company at Board Meetings and participating in strategic planning activities
- Work together to plan and execute YAC-led initiatives for the benefit of the Company
- Build and maintain a safe and positive community of young creatives working together
Being on the Youth Advisory Committee means you will:
- Play an active role in the governance of an arts organisation
- participate in strategic planning and contribute to the direction of the Company
- Where appropriate, gain experience in arts administration
- Work in a team to plan and run a fundraising event
- Have the opportunity to participate in the social media subcommittee
- Have the opportunity to write reviews for shows, receiving free tickets
THE 2019/2020 COMMITTEE WERE:
Luke Binetti (YAC Chairperson)
Rosie Moana Pickett
Applications are now open for the 2020/2021 Committee. Any member of WA Youth Theatre Company under the age of 27 (and who will remain under 27 until April 2021) is invited to apply for the YAC. To apply or find out more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.